This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jakub Porebski on 2019-08-30
I am trying to upgrade DCO to version 8.3.2 from 8.2.12 and getting hash error below:
Upgrade failed with: SHA256 '51412d4a3f62b97f26592fd8b1c182bd12b500fc655aec4ee473613712603943' of the uploaded file does not match the expected SHA256 '51412D4A3F62B97F26592FD8B1C182BD12B500FC655AEC4EE473613712603943'!
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks the same to me except for the CAPS.
Can you help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2019-08-30
I confirmed the hash you pasted is the correct hash for the 8.3.2 iso.
Can you share a screenshot of the webmin screen from where the upgrade was initiated?
Also, did you copy the iso to the DCO server and use a local path to the iso or did you specify a remote location so webmin had to upload the iso to the DCO server first? If the latter, please re-try initiating the upgrade with the iso file pre-copied to the DCO server and then using that local file path to the 8.3.2 ISO file.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jakub Porebski on 2019-08-30
I have tried both methods you mention.
This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2019-09-02
It appears you have mis-typed the SHA256 checksum.
I can reproduce the same behavior if I intentionally use the incorrect checksum ('51412D4A3F62B97F26592FD8B1C182BD12B500FC655AEC4EE473613712603943')
then I get the expected upgrade failure notification:
This is the correct checksum (all with small letters):
Perhaps your "Caps Lock" (on your keyboard) have been enabled and therefore all your entries have been with capital letters.
By using the correct checksum I could/can upgrade to 8.3.2 without any problem.
This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jakub Porebski on 2019-09-02
Thank you for the solution Jef.
I have generated the ISO file checksum using powershell and the output hash string was in CAPS.
The fact that webmin upgrade tells you the correct hash should be in CAPS is misleading.
That is the reason why I used caps when pasting the hash into DCO during the upgrade.
Discuss challenges and get support in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Over 10,000+ support articles are available to help you find answers to your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!