Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
When upgrading EcoStruxure Building Operation to version 2.0 or newer, the existing Power Manager software should also be upgraded to EcoStruxure Energy Expert to maintain compatibility
EcoStruxure Building Operation
EcoStruxure Energy Expert
- Power Monitoring Expert (PME)
- Power Manager
The proper procedure is required when upgrading from older versions of Power Manager to the latest Energy Expert version. Guidance and best practices are needed for upgrading a PME server from PME 7.2 to PME 9.0.
A Power Manager 1.0 site should be taken to 1.1 first, then upgraded to Energy Expert 2.0
Below are the recommendations for a side-by-side upgrade from PME 7.2 to PME 9.0:
- Run the PME_8.2.iso file to do an in-place upgrade from PME 7.2.3 to PME 8.2
- After completing that upgrade, the system will default to using a PME 8.2 trial license
- Install and run the PME 8.2 CM 2.1.0 Tool which will perform necessary actions for the side-by-side upgrade; we will use it to create a .zip file containing configuration components such as reports, dashboards, diagrams, users, devices, etc.
- Transfer this .zip file from the CM Tool to the new server
- Run the PME_8.2.iso file to install PME 8.2 (this can be done while the above steps are performed on the old server)
- After transferring the .zip file from the old server, install and run the PME 8.2 CM 2.1.0 Tool on the new server and have it load the archived data from the .zip file into the program, and then write it to the system (essentially performing a PME 8.2 server to server migration)
- After that finishes, we can run the PME_9.0.iso file to upgrade from PME 8.2 to PME 9.0
- After PME 9.0 is installed, we can activate the PME 9.0 license(s) in the Floating License Manager using the activation ID(s) that were already acquired, then remove the PME 9.0 trial license using License Manager (different from Floating License Manager)
Running into issues with the install? Receiving error messages related to PME? Check out the Technical FAQ for a solution to your problem.
- Where can I find documentation for Power Monitoring Expert 8.2 (PME 8.2)?
- Where can I download Power Monitoring Expert 8.2 installation files?
- Where can I find documentation for Power Monitoring Expert 9.0 (PME 9.0)?
- Where can I download Power Monitoring Expert 9 installation file?
- CM Tool Overview (Box link)
- CM Tool Demo Video (Box link)
- PME 8.2 CM Tool Download (Box link)
- PME 8.2 CM Tool Exchange Community post
- PME 9.0 CM Tool Exchange Community link