1) Do you know of any immediate issues in attempting a private network on ethernet port 2
of the Jace8000 to host the MPX devices similar to the AS-P?
2) Is it truly isolated between ethernet port 1 and 2?
What I've done so far
1) In platform, I enabled the adaptor for interface #2
2) I gave it an IP address of 10.111.222.1 just in case it's not private and i didn't
want it to interfere with any other possibilities of 10.110.210.1 elsewhere on our
network no matter how remote the possibility is
3) Enabled DHCPDv4 and gave it a client start range of 10.111.222.2
4) Went into the station and added a second IpPort in the bacnet network. ((IpPort2)
5) For IpPort2, i gave it a unique bacnet network
6) Chose adaptor "dm1" which is the secondary port. dm0 is the primary port.
7) Enabled IpPort2
😎 Did a discover and it likes the settings.
My new controllers are currently unplugged from the jace and i'm away from the office,
so no further news until later.
Any issues with what i've described?
Q1: No. I have had good results with having MPX under a JACE-8000 using the steps you listed out.
Q2: I have not tested this personally. I would check the Niagara Docs and see what they say on the topic.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!