Learn about the Community. Join our Core Community to Get Started

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Knowledge Base
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client with I/O in the Workstation Type of the I/O Server 2.4 and later

Issue

What is Remote Client with I/O in the Workstation Type in the I/O Server?

Product Line

TAC INET

Environment

I/Net Seven version 2.4x with need for Remote Client configuration using a Remote SQL Server.

Equalization, FileMaster, File Master, Equalized Client, Remote Client, Equalize, FM, EQ, RC, MSDE, Express, Full SQL, SQL, TCP/IP, Connection

Cause

Remote Client changes with I/Net Seven version 2.4x 

Resolution

The new option of Remote Client with I/O for the Workstation Type begins with 2.4x version of I/Net Seven. This option is for a SQL Server which is not located on the Filemaster or Standalone but rather a separate Server. The Remote Client with I/O must be running for other standard Remote Clients to get the features such as AMT, Trends, and Network Functions. Network Functions can be found in I/Net on the pull down menu Edit/Host Computer/Network Functions.

The configuration is in the I/O Server under the current profile and can be found in the Workstation Options. 

HINT:

Exit the I/O Server (and I/net) and select Start/Programs/I/Net/I/Net Configuration to be able to setup the Remote Client. Remote Client is not show unless you exit I/O Server.

Clicking the link below will open a pdf document which will show how the communication should be setup if selecting Remote Client with I/O.

I/Net version 2.4x Remote Client with I/O

Clicking the link below will open a pdf document which will show how the communication should be setup if selecting Filemaster, Equalized Client, or Remote Client.

I/Net version 2.4x Filemaster, Equalized Client, or Remote Client

Suggestions for further info:
To install the SQL, go to Installing I/NET Seven on a 64-bit operating system. Then how to setup that Remote Client with I/O to use that SQL database, go to Unable to connect Remote Client to Standalone Server. Follow these articles closely.

Tags (4)
Labels (1)
No ratings