WPT 5.9.4 and WPTE require certain Microsoft Security updates for Visio and for Office running on the host machines.
Issues currently observed:
- Different and various functions in the fluent ribbon do not work or the ribbon does not appear.
- Following error "Application compile failure during save operation" is seen when saving/compiling an application in WorkPlace Tech Editor
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series
- Visio 2010, 2013, 2016,(.msi install) Visio 2019 is not supported in the current 5.9.4 or EBO versions
- Visio 2013, 2016 (subscription "Click to Run")
- Office 2010, 2013, 2016 (.msi install)
- Office 2013, 2016 (subscription "Click to Run")
- Support for Workplace Tech 5.9.4 and Workplace Tech Editor
Interoperability of Visio and Office can cause problems with Workplace Tech and Workplace Tech Editor if these MS16-70 updates are not applied. If the Office / Visio product is "Click to Run" the software has not been updated to the latest version.
Install the updates from Microsoft Security Bulletin MS-16-70
Visio 2010 32 bit KB3114872 Office 2010 KB3115198 select 32 bit or 64 bit depending on what is installed
Visio 2013 32 bit KB3115020 Office 2013 KB3115173 select 32 bit or 64 bit depending on what is installed
Visio 2016 32 bit KB3115041 Office 2016 KB3115144 select 32 bit or 64 bit depending on what is installed
NOTE: If the Visio or Office is "Click to Run" (subscription such as Office 365) rather then from a Microsoft Office .msi, the product should be upgraded by using the Update Options feature
If you try and install the KB/.msi install patches, you will get this message