Update OS, changing a controller, BACnet to Infinet or Infinet to BACnet
Can b3 controllers be converted to i2 controllers?
Can i2 controllers be converted to b3 controllers?
Converting between bCX4040 and bCX9640
Andover Continuum, EcoStruxure Building Operation
- i2 b3 Controllers - See Compatibility Matrix
- bCX Controllers - Continuum 1.7 onwards
Only a limited number of controllers can be converted, BACnet to/from Infinet, using Update OS.
The following controllers can be converted between Infinet and BACnet, using the appropriate firmware files:
- bCX (bCX4040 to/from bCX9640) (options like Xdrivers, node count, IO modules and expansion IO modules are not effected)
- i28xx-V - b38xx-V (i2865-V to/from b3865-V, i2866-V to/from b3866-V, i2885-V to/from b3885-V)
Attempting to flash (Update OS) any other controllers BACnet to/from Infinity is not recommended.
In nearly every instance, the result will be a non-functioning controller.
(Note: In the bCX controllers, the ACCNetID will revert back to the default of "1", you may need to change this in the Controllers configuration webpage back to what it should be. See Will IP settings persist when flashing a bCX4040 (BACnet) to a bCX9640 (Infinet)? for details.)
The following can be used as a general rule to determine which OS is currently running in the controller. bCX only. (b3 & i2 CPU is green)
- CPU LED is Green = BACnet OS
- CPU LED is Yellow = Infinet OS
This information was written before SBO/EBO/Smartstruxure. b3 to i2 conversions have not been specifically tested and there is no facility to change firmware on an i2 device