Can the I/NET SCU controller connect to Security Expert SP-C directly instead of being imported from the I/NET system?
Security Expert,TAC INET
- I/NET SCU 1284
- Security Expert Controller
- Security Expert
Required to use New I/NET SCU1284 controllers on a Security Expert site.
It is not possible to configure and commission SCU1284 door controllers without the use I/NET on Security Expert.
Explanation of why this is not possible:
- In I/NET, door controllers i.e SCU1284 are on a subLAN that connects to a 779x host device.
- In the 779x host device, controller parameters such as its reader type, PIN functionality, LED operation, etc are configured for each door.
- The configuration parameters for each door controller gets stored in the 779x host device, then the host device’s data is saved to a SAV file (i.e., a backup file of the 779x device).
- To integrate I/NET door controllers with Security Expert, The subLAN (779x host device ) is then disconnected from the door controllers and connected to an SP-C (the SP-C replaces the 779x host device).
- The 7798x host device’s SAV file is then downloaded to the SP-C as a binary blob.
- The SP-C needs this SAV file to know how to communicate with each door controller and to configure these devices if a cold restart is ever experienced.