41520members
184569posts

I/NET SCU controller connect to Security Expert SP-C directly

I/NET SCU controller connect to Security Expert SP-C directly

Issue

Can the I/NET SCU controller connect to Security Expert SP-C directly instead of being imported from the I/NET system?

Product Line

Security Expert,TAC INET

Environment

• I/NET SCU 1284
  • Security Expert Controller
  • Security Expert

Cause

Required to use New I/NET SCU1284 controllers on a Security Expert site.

Resolution

It is not possible to configure and commission SCU1284 door controllers without the use I/NET on Security Expert.

Explanation of why this is not possible:

1. In I/NET, door controllers i.e SCU1284 are on a subLAN that connects to a 779x host device.
  2. In the 779x host device, controller parameters such as its reader type, PIN functionality, LED operation, etc are configured for each door.
  3. The configuration parameters for each door controller gets stored in the 779x host device, then the host device’s data is saved to a SAV file (i.e., a backup file of the 779x device).
  4. To integrate I/NET door controllers with Security Expert, The subLAN (779x host device ) is then disconnected from the door controllers and connected to an SP-C (the SP-C replaces the 779x host device).
  5. The 7798host device’s SAV file is then downloaded to the SP-C as a binary blob. 
  6. The SP-C needs this SAV file to know how to communicate with each door controller and to configure these devices if a cold restart is ever experienced.
Tags (1)
Labels (2)
100% helpful (1/1)