Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
AS status LED solid red for a few seconds followed by a quick blink.
Device administrator and/or event log shows ..."Error - Upgrade using DFU mode system alarm"
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Automation Server, AS, ASP, ASB
- Building Operation Device Administrator
- Building Operation WorkStation
The indication of "Error – Upgrade using DFU mode" occurs due to the fact that a possible problem with writing to the file system has been detected when booting the system. This error can be seen in WorkStation as an Alarm Event, in in the Server Logs or in Device Administrator.
The configuration of the system could had been compromised as a result, although the issue is not necessarily fatal and therefore the AS is allowed to run and the situation indicated via the red status light.
A system alarm is also generated as a warning as seen in the screen shot above.
Since the AS file system could have been compromised, it must be re-initialized from scratch.
To clear the red light:
- Make sure a backup of the AS is available.
- Attach the Device Administrator to the AS via USB and put the AS in DFU mode (press the reset button 3 times in rapid succession)
- Install a new database
- Once the AS has had its FW and database reinstalled, restore the backup using Workstation.
If this error occurs, especially if it occurs multiple times on the same server, check the site installation include Grounding/Earthing and power supplies and for possible EMC issues (Electromagnetic Compatibility)