What are the rules governing the BACnet device Instance ID in EBO
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Automation Server (all)
The BACnet device Instance ID must be unique within a BACnet system. There may be a need to find out or change the device Instance ID to ensure there are not duplicates.
When a BACnet Interface is added to an AS or ES, the AS or ES will become a BACnet device and it will have an Instance ID (automatically generated or manually assigned).
- To check an ES or AS BACnet device instance ID go to the properties of the BACnet Interface and then the Advanced tab. The device instance ID is defined as the Object ID.
- To check other BACnet device, go to the properties of the BACnet Device and then the Advanced tab. The device instance ID once again is defined as the Object ID.
- No 2 BACnet devices in any system may have the same Instance ID/Object ID
- The valid range of Instance Numbers for a BACnet device is 0 to 4194302