Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80570members
346455posts

High end system, what APC do you suggest?

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

High end system, what APC do you suggest?

This question was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 9/29/2010

Hi,
I need an UPS for this system.

Monitor LCD 24" (110W max)
Intel I7 970
GTX480
2x high rpm sata

what is the correct ups for my system?

I think that a 800VA is not enough. What do you suggest?

Accepted Solutions
1mcrtd_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: High end system, what APC do you suggest?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/7/2010

Hi sblantipodi,

I have a new PC/monitor set-up similar to yours, and am using a new Back-UPS ES 750(VA)/450 Watts. The downloaded and active Power Chute (v2.2) Personal Edition GUI monitor says my PC Intel i7 980 with 2 running Hard Drives (RAID1), and 25.5 LCD monitor are drawing approx. 108/112 watts of a potential draw of 450 via the APC UPS, with 15/17 minutes expected runtime available on UPS only if utility power fails. And, the Power Chute monitor says I can still connect more equipment to my battery backup (UPS).

You should have lots of "wiggle room" with an 800VA UPS.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
1mcrtd_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: High end system, what APC do you suggest?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/7/2010

Hi sblantipodi,

I have a new PC/monitor set-up similar to yours, and am using a new Back-UPS ES 750(VA)/450 Watts. The downloaded and active Power Chute (v2.2) Personal Edition GUI monitor says my PC Intel i7 980 with 2 running Hard Drives (RAID1), and 25.5 LCD monitor are drawing approx. 108/112 watts of a potential draw of 450 via the APC UPS, with 15/17 minutes expected runtime available on UPS only if utility power fails. And, the Power Chute monitor says I can still connect more equipment to my battery backup (UPS).

You should have lots of "wiggle room" with an 800VA UPS.