Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79390members
344128posts

No Link with APC AP9617 Management Card

Solved
mike171562_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/29/2010

I have an APC 9617 management card, connected in the expansion slot of an APC unit, I can console in using the serial port and assign an IP address/Subnet etc, but when i plug in an ethernet cable, I cannot get the port to light up on my switch, i have tried using different ethernet cables, and various ports on the switch, but no connectivity or link lights. The light on the card's ethernet port on the right side stays steady green, is the card dead?

Accepted Solutions
mike171562_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I have an APC 9617 management card, connected in the expansion slot of an APC unit, I can console in using the serial port and assign an IP address/Subnet etc, but when i plug in an ethernet cable, I cannot get the port to light up on my switch, i have tried using different ethernet cables, and various ports on the switch, but no connectivity or link lights. The light on the card's ethernet port on the right side stays steady green, is the card dead?

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
mike171562_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes