Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
79159members
343629posts

ViewXThemeName

Kees
Crewman
Crewman

ViewXThemeName

I have installed GeoSCADA Expert 2021 (6.84.8027.1) - Initial Release

For some reason the special theme you can add to ViewX is no longer working.

Registry “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Schneider Electric\ClearSCADA\ViewX\ViewXThemeName= MetroWhitePurple”

Now I have to deal with the annoying Schneider green.
Is this changed for 2021 release?

8 Replies 8
AndrewScott
Commander
Commander

Re: ViewXThemeName

The ViewX theme feature is no longer available in Geo SCADA Expert 2021.

I believe this is related to the new version 21.1 of the Actipro WPF Controls that ViewX is using.

Correction: Themes are still available, but its a different selection of themes, see Theme names.

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA
aosburn
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thanks for replying! Unfortunate - I preferred the "MetroLight" options. Hopefully one day that functionality will return, I personally don't care for the lack of delineation between these menu components at the top:

Untitled.png

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

@AndrewScott are you sure it's related to the Actipro changes and not to the AVEVA Telemetry Server changes?

Since ATS appears to utilise exactly the same window frames etc as ViewX, but in a blue colour.

It's almost as though the custom colouring has been withdrawn to ensure that the ATS platform can be coloured AVEVA blue whilst the ViewX platform is Schneider green

🙁

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Sorry that was not the answer Bevan!

I'm chasing this up.

In the mean time - try using the colour theme OfficeWhitePurple

Steve

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock

Ahhh... so perhaps this is the reference to use?

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/docs/controls/wpf/api/actiprosoftware.windows.themes.themenames?v=21...

All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

2022-01-19 22_47_43-GeoSCADA Expert 2021 Win2016 - VMware Workstation.png

I perhaps got a little bit too excited at the prospect of a 'Dark' theme... alas it's not quite ready for primetime 😉

Still... there's not huge amounts of theme-capable dialogs to fix.

The property panes would hopefully be pretty quick wins on that front also.

2022-01-19 22_50_30-GeoSCADA Expert 2021 Win2016 - VMware Workstation.png

I'll put together a bit of a list of the items still lacking theme support and send it to support tomorrow.

AndrewScott
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

@BevanWeiss ATS 2019 (6.81) and ATS 2020 (6.82) used the "MetroLightBlue" theme to get the blue colour scheme, but in the upcoming ATS 2020 R2 (6.84) the named theme is no longer used to get the blue colour scheme.

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA
Kees
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks; using the "OfficeWhitePurple" theme now.