When upgrading to 1.4, the reference system will be changed to follow newer more strict rules.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
With the release of 1.4, StruxureWare now has a tighter control on bindings. This is to prevent users from creating bindings which hinder system communication. When a system is upgraded from 1.3, to 1.4 any bindings that do not follow the new rule set will be dropped.
Here are the 3 major items for this new rule set. See Reference Guide and References beginning with 1.4.x for a full explanation.
- Public Signal bindings will be dropped
- Multiple bindings will be restricted to one
- Bindings to Local Node NVIs will be dropped during the upgrade.
To upgrade the Automation Servers, follow these steps:
NOTE: You will need to have a copy of Workstation at 1.3 in order to make changes to the Automation Server during the upgrade process. Use 1.4 Workstation after you have completed
- Perform a Manual Backup of the Automation Server. This backup must include historic data. Ensure that a copy of that backup is saved to an external disk as a recovery option.
- Open Device Administrator 1.4
- Connect to and Select an Automation Server
- Click Upgrade Device. Please Read the warning in this pop up message.
- This will upgrade the most recent backup of the Automation Server. Any changes to the system made since the last backup will be lost at the end of this process.
Note that the yellow Progress bar means that you MUST review warning in the conversion log. If the progress bar is Yellow or Red, proceeding may result in irreversible system changes.
- Click "Open" under the conversion log column. This is very difficult to read in Notepad.
- Perform a Save as .txt and open this file in either Word Pad or NotePad++ for easier reading
Notice the Change in display when the information is viewed in WordPad
- Use the notes from Reference Guide and References beginning with 1.4.x and the conversion log analysis from AS Conversion Log Analysis to make sure that all objects with WARNINGS meet the new rules. This will require making changes to the system via workstation.
- Repeat steps 1-8 until you are happy with the conversion log. Please note, that you must perform a new backup to get an updated log.
- Click on "Download updated database to devices"
- Click Okay in the pop up
- Wait for the Installation to finish successfully. If any errors occur, be sure to get a screen shot and contact Product Support
Note: If the upgrade doesn't complete correctly on one of the AS, cycle power on the AS, go back to the previous version and perform the upgrade again.