When PC based firewall's are used, some configuration in the license system and in the firewall are required to be made.
In some cases, the error below when logging into Workstation appears:
License server machine is down or not responding (Error code -15 or -96)
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Workstation
The TAC license (taclic) vendor daemon by default uses a random port each time it's started. This setting makes it difficult to handle in a firewall. Also the various EcoStruxure programs using the license system needs to be allowed in the firewall, as well as the ports used by the license system.
Make sure there is a valid license installed on the license server. For more information read Requested license not available for Enterprise Server, Workstation or editors
The easiest way to configure Windows firewall, is to run the SBO Firewall Config tool on all PC's having EcoStruxure software installed. For any questions regarding the use of this tool please contact the developer, details in the tool.
In order to manually make the configuration follow the steps below. For more information on how to create Windows firewall rules, read Creating Inbound and Outbound Windows Firewall Rules.
On the server PC
- Make the port used by the vendor daemon fixed. Follow Define the port used by the taclic vendor daemon guide to do that.
- On the PC having the license server installed, open the following TCP ports in the firewall both inbound and outbound.
- 27000 through 27009
(If a user defined defined port has been used other than 2170 for the vendor daemon then use that instead of 2170)
On the client PC
- On the PC having EcoStruxure software installed using the license server on a remote PC, make these exceptions in the firewall: Allow ports TCP 80, 443, 4444, 2170 and TCP 27000 through 27009 both inbound and outbound. (If you defined a port other than 2170 for the vendor daemon then use that instead of 2170)
- Allow the following programs:
They are typically located here:
- On 32 bit OS:
C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric StruxureWare\Building Operation 1.X\WorkStation
- On 64 bit OS:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric StruxureWare\Building Operation 1.X\WorkStation