Originally published on Solutions for eMobility by WillPeel | March 05, 2021 02:29 PM
In this episode we explore decarbonising the home using a suite of technologies to do do. We approach the topic from 3 separate paths; infrastructure, IT and innovation and legislation / regulations
Howard Porter is the CEO of BEAMA, the Trade body for the UK electrical manufacturing industry.
Nick Woolley is ev.energy's CEO, and co-founder.
David Overman is the Electricity Network Director at BUUK having held the position since 2006.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Are we ready for a more complex network with an exponential increase in EV, bi-directional power flow and 3 phase supply in the home?
- How can we use technology to match energy demand with supply, in both the home and on the grid.
- What type of technology should we be looking at to decarbonise homes and does this differ between old and new dwellings?
- Does hydrogen have a role to play in decarbonising the home of the future?
- How do you think housebuilders and developers have embraced the concept of smart homes & buildings and emobility in general?
- How do we make this more affordable / viable to the masses?
Evolution of Mobility Solutions
Power Generation and Smart Grid
If you've enjoyed this podcast why not listen to the rest of the series and let us know what you think in the comments section
All registered members have full access to the Exchange Community and can post comments and start topics.
Have a question? Please contact us with details, and we will respond.
Look through existing questions to find popular answers.
Want to know more about Exchange and its possibilities?
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!
Register today for FREE
Already have an account?Log in