In preparation for bringing in the new controllers:
1) Got EBO 3.2 loaded on my laptop
2) Downloaded the latest firmware requested for the Beta Test (v3.02.01.00247)
3) Brought in the controllers (MPC-36A, MPV-7A) to my ES
4) Got the firmware updated
5) Cleared the ES hosting
6) Removed the ethernet cable going to the controllers
7) Factory reset the controllers by holding the reset button for >20 sec.
😎 Connected the devices to Port #2 of the Jace8000 as discussed in a prior
9) Both devices successfully acquired new IP addresses of 10.111.222.2 and
10.111.222.3 on Port #2
I went to the Uninitialized view in the Jace8000 and the first thing that appears
is very old information of when I was first bringing controllers into the ES.
Is there a way to re-initialize this page? I've tried clearing out the BACnet routing
table, enabling/disabling the driver, re-starting the station. It doesn't update to
the current IP addresses of the controllers after the DHCP change. In fact, it
still shows an MPC-24A controller that I decided not to upgrade to firmware 3.2
and it's still showing up even though it's not on the system anymore.
If you try to go ahead and Initialize the controllers anyway, it fails.
The only controllers that will show up in the Un-initialized Controllers view are those without a valid BACnet Device Instance ID.
If you don't see the device you are looking for, try doing a regular device discovery.
Screenshots would also be helpful to diagnose what is happening with your setup.
Will, Picture below
The MPC-36A has a display on it and shows it's an un-initialized
device with IP 10.111,222,2 and instance of 4194303
The MPC-24A isn't connected to the system, but it was un-initialized
at the time and then disconnected from the ethernet.
The MPV-7A was factory reset the same way as the MPC-36, so I believe
it's also un-initialized.
All of them have the wrong IP in the list and the MPC-24 isn't on the
system. It's definitely old information. A regular search discovers
no new controllers.
Thank you for the screenshot.
Have you rebooted the Niagara station since you changed the instance ID of these devices?
Freshly rebooted the computer and ENS station and
Jace 8000, and controllers.
I'm attaching the application director screen. Very interesting:
Don't know if this means it sees the new controllers over and over
and doesn't update, or if this is normal for the driver to search for
Additional information to the new screencap above showing the
application director. If I turn off the controllers, the messaging
stops. When they're on, each controller will show up in the messages
in 30 second intervals.
30 seconds later
30 seconds later
That is correct. The Niagara station does not search for uninitialized controllers, it just listens for them. The MPX broadcast their serial number etc. every 30 when uninitialized.
The uninitialized device view should have updated when it received a new broadcast with the new IP address. We will submit this as a potential defect.
On the plus side, it had caught all the un-initialized controllers at
one moment in time. What happened after that, is anyone's guess.
Can't help but think that there's some temporary file that just needs bumped.
I might try putting a new controller in the mix.
I put a brand spanking new MP-IO-UI05DOFA4 on the daisy chain
and it found it along with the proper DHCP IP. If I were to guess...
it's like once it gets a snapshot of the controller, it's pretty much
frozen in stone on that particular screen.
The other controllers are still not changing.
I wanted to make sure everyone knows that the Beta software only supports the 7 models of MP-X controllers.
Adding RP-C controllers is currently on the road map.
Adding IP-IO controllers is planned for the future.
I found a way to get back to square one.
1) Took the controllers off the Jace port #2,
2) Connected the controllers back to my office network.
3) Let the office's DHCP change the controllers back to
the original IP address that the Jace first saw from Port #1 (connected to office network).
4) Went to the jace's un-initialized page and initialized the controllers
so that they disappeared from the list because it was displaying the old IP
5) Disconnected the controllers from the network.
6) Performed a factory reset using the push button > 20 sec
7) Plugged the controllers into Jace port #2
😎 Let the jace assign the IP and see the controllers for the first time
9) The un-initialized page now shows the new IP
10) Performed an initialize and it was successful
Long story short, the Un-initialized page gets a snapshot of whatever it first sees,
so make sure the IP is set to what you want it to be before the jace ever sees it,
or let the Jace change the IP upon controller bootup.
Definitely an issue.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!