As a prelude, I started with analog values feeding into a script Tstat
block to get the hang of the property screens of the objects. That
part went very well.
When I then shifted gears to start testing a Select block, I couldn't get
anything to work for the binary value switching the values of the script.
I had to go as simple as:
Numeric Input ValueIn
Numeric Output ValueOut
ValueOut = ValueIn
It doesn't work with this either. The script can't recognize a BI, BV, BO
block at it's input regardless if the initial values data type is set for
Boolean or Float.
The blocks itself have their own issues even standing on their own.
1) BI block can't show any text units on it's present value output.
2) Blocks will lose their active/inactive text units randomly.
3) Occasionally get plugin errors when changing a single text unit
4) Will for sure get an error if you try to change both when block first created.
5) Present values on the BI and BV blocks may be blank at times
even after setting the units.
6) Initial units are Active/Inactive for the text, True/False for the input priority
green bar section, and Active/Inactive for the input priority blue circle section.
7) If you change units, then the present value and green section priority input
area will follow suit, but the blue circle priority input section will still display
😎 At some point the blocks get corrupted enough that you can't perform a
download all blocks anymore. It'll fail on those blocks. After you delete
the offenders as seen from the application director, the download all blocks
9) By themselves, the BO blocks are turning the inputs on and off. The BI
blocks aren't able to be seen what is happening in the present value, but
if you connect directly to a BO block, you'll hear the outputs clicking for
the BI that is set for a channel input and use a wire to short it.
10) While the BO appears to be working, occasionally the Fault Cause will
say "Property: Unknown Property". Block will go into fault but still work for
the output turning on and off.
11) Occasionally the priority input status will get stuck at Relinquish Default
even though the block is actually working and I can manipulate the various
input priority levels to turn the output on and off and clear the priority level
to null. The status just gets stuck. (Doesn't happen very often, otherwise
the status is usually accurate)
Long story short, the BI, BV, BO blocks are virtually un-testable on their
own and scripts can't seem to recognize a status change at all coming
We will have to revisit this but I had an occupancy status from a RU going into a BI and then to a BO on MPC and was running trends on the BI and the BO successfully for several days watching the occupancy change. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the text once I had set them so I don't know about them changing.
The setup you described, I concur that it looks to work ok for direct
connection from BI directly to BO.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!