43493members
218073posts

[Imported] Possible to download RTU files using cmd batch file?

Highlighted
Sisko

[Imported] Possible to download RTU files using cmd batch file?

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:SCADAPack RTU<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-06-19 04:44:24 Id:453
I am working with a cmd batch file to download several RTU configurations instead of doing this using the SCADAPack E-configurator program which is very limited in it's application for automating downloads/Reads on large distributed networks. This is as a means of backing up the RTU configuration files.

I am wondering if there would be any hurdles to doing this. I know that E-configurator uses the following inputs to target the RTU like the DNP3 address and the IP address. my understanding is that FTP protocols could be used. I also understand that an assigned virtual port VT Port 20 is assigned for Remote command line.

What I am wanting to do Is run a batch file that passes the commands to the RTU using the Schneider RTU code structure extracts the RTU file and then using cmd batch file stores this on a local drive. by running the batch file I am hoping to do this for several sites.

If anyone has tried doing this before please let me know, your guidance would be greatly appreciated. I will keep posted on my progress of this on the forum.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sisko

Re: [Imported] Possible to download RTU files using cmd batch file?

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-07-10 23:17:17
CeNETOS outstation.. you need to Setup Configuration, and then add the RTU file, then you can Download Configuration