43545members
218143posts

[Imported] Modbus Values from Generator

Highlighted
Sisko

[Imported] Modbus Values from Generator

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:SCADAPack RTU<<
User: mchartrand, originally posted: 2018-10-25 14:50:30 Id:216
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

_______

**_zimmer:
I am having a specific problem getting the fuel level from a decision maker 3000 generator controller. Using modscan directly connected to the generator via laptop I can get the value from register 417000 as stated in the manual for the analog input associated with the fuel level, but I cannot figure out how to use the MSIP command to get this register. Will I have to re-map it somehow to a register that the scadapack 334 can read?
Thanks_**

bevanweiss:

If you're using ISaGRAF, then an IO Board should do the job.
Whether your SCADApack supports ISaGRAF is unknown, you didn't say what SCADApack.

Whether Modbus RTU / TCP is unknown, you didn't say which.

The Modbus address you've typed is a 6-digit address, the older ISaGRAF v3 may not have supported this (I can't remember). ISaGRAF v5 (SCADApack Workbench 6) does for E-series SCADApacks.

a062549:
I have several of the older 3000's and I take the 40039 register (Fuel Rate* (RO WORD) /Gallons/Hour x 100 (ECM only)) and run it with a clock to figure the fuel burn and resultant fuel left scenario?