New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Resource Advisor - Performance Analytics Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lieutenant

PAM CDD/HDD

What does PAM use for these values?

In RA, you can only configure a site to be either CDD, HDD or CDD+HDD - Selecting base temperature and % usage... But in PAM you can select one or both.  So where does PAM get these values from?

Edit 20180530: Found out that changes to the weather setting does not automatically update the CDD/HDD values (historical particularly).  Rather a ticket needs to be raised to get it updated.

3 REPLIES 3
Commander

Re: PAM CDD/HDD

Hi Kim,

I pinged the team: the HDD/CDD you see in PAM is calculated in RA based on the Telvent Average Temp for the day and the "base temp" that you set on a site by site basis in RA.  So the HDD/CDD you see will not be the same as what's actually reported by Telvent (those use a standardized base temp).

In the past I've seen customers want to use a sort of "dead band" for calculating HDD/CDD: a lower threshold for the HDD and a higher threshold for the CDD.  Do you have any requirements like that?

cheers,

Mike

Michael Schmitz
Lieutenant

Thanks Mike.  A dead bank would be useful in many cases.  However, I don't have a particular need.  Personally, I think our team would be more likely to use measurement based baselining, rather than CDD/HDD normalisation within PAM.

Highlighted
Lieutenant

Found out today that changing the base temp in 'weather' config in RA, doesnt automatically update HDD/CDD.  You have to raise a ticket.