In one of our Project client requested to include PLC( M580 Hot standby) internal battery low alarm status which is to be configured in PLC/SCADA.
is there maybe a system bit to monitor the battery state of the M580, knowing that M580 has no internal battery..
Is it possible or not ?
Go to Solution.
1. The M580 does not rely on a battery for memory backup so there is nothing to monitor.
2. They can monitor the status of the M580 CPU and HSBY functionality via the Device DDT.
3. The Redundant Power Supplies when mounted in a BMEXBP0602 or BMEXBP1002 rack can provide diagnostic from each power supply. NOTE: This only applies to the primary rack
4. The status of all I/O can be monitored vis the associated Device DDT.
5. I would use the Schneider Electric OPC-DA or OPC-US server to directly read the unlocated variables in the Modicon Quantum controller.
See Answer In Context
Have a question? Please contact us with details, and we will respond.
Look through existing questions to find popular answers.
Want to know more about Exchange and its possibilities?
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!
Register today for FREE
Already have an account?Log in