Please help us prepare how to use IEC 61850 on ION8800 meter step by step we have to help utility customer.
Currently the utility owns hundreds of ION8800B model M8800B1C0B5E0E0C some of then will be upgrade with the e version firmware. If possible the step by step document would be best.
To get IEC 61850 working on your meter, it is a process. We are in the process of creating a video to better illustrate the process, but it isn't ready quite yet.
1. Get the ICD file that matches the hardware of your device from Schneider Electric. The ION8800 files are in the process of getting updated, so I've attached the relevant ICD file here for your reference (use e1 for iec61850 version 1, e2 for version 2) (Thank you Sanjeet for file location and variant confirmation)
2. Next, you must convert the ICD file to a CID file using a configuration tool such as CET850:
3. Run CET850. Chose File > New. Go to Add > IED. Navigate to where you have stored your ICD file. Enter in the name, description and Ethernet information for your device, then click OK. Go to File > Build all CID files. Select a location, enter a file name and click Save. Do not change the file type (leave as SCD).
4. Load your CID file onto your ION8800. You can do this via FTP, but using ION Setup will show you if the file has loaded correctly. You may need to update your version of ION Setup to get the Load functionality. The latest ION Setup is located here, or by going to your existing ION Setup program and selecting Help > check for update:
5. In ION Setup, navigate to your device and select the IEC 61850 tab. Click Upload, and navigate to where you have stored your CID file. The CID status will indicate that the CID file is being parsed, and then will indicate "IEC 61850 stack running" if the CID file is valid and loaded correctly. At that time you will have IEC 61850 functioning on your meter.
This is described in the IEC 61850 and ION meters protocol document, which gives more detail about how IEC 61850 is implemented in your meter, available from Schneider Electric here:
And also described in the Third Party Protocols chapter of the ION7550/ION7650 user guide, available here:
You can also refer to the PM8000 user guide, communications chapter, as the implementation/feature is the same as the ION7550:http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/download/document/7EN02-0336/
The file should match the onboard I/O and comms of your unit.
Your product part number is M8800B1C0B5E0E0C. The last "E" describes that aspect of your product.
It is the fifth option for I/O and comms, so you will want the fifth onboard I/O comms combination.
Select file SE_ION_8800-B-Onb5-F01_E1V01.icd
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!