Hi Folks ... am trying to operate an output when i have an under voltage / over voltage condition....
the meter is stand alone.... ( no PME ) can i use ION set up to link output with this alarm ?
Many thanks 🙂
Please refer to the PM8000 user manual located here:
You can set the source for the PM8000 digital outputs using ION Setup.
1) Open the setup assistant, select Onboard I/O (if using the onboard digital outputs) or Expansion modules (if using expansion I/O)
2) Select Source and click Edit. Navigate to the Relative Setpoint Module and select the desired phase (V1/V2/V3) and the desired condition (over or under) to transition the digital output. Click OK
3) Select Port and click Edit. This defines the physical port on the device. There is only one onboard digital output on the PM8000 so select Port D1 to select the onboard digital output port. Select a different port if using an expansion module.
4) Test and make sure everything works. >;-}
This is a bit limited as it only checks one phase, one condition. If you want to have your digital output to transition if any phase goes into either above or below, you could try out the following (remembering that I am not a frameworks expert!):
1) go into Advanced mode and make an And/Or module
2) connect up the And/Or Source Booleans to the outputs of the Relative Setpoint module's output Booleans for over/under
3) set the And/Or Mode to OR. With that setting the Result Boolean of the And/Or should go On if any of the Source Booleans are On.
4) Test and make sure everything works.
For more information about And/Or modules, Relative Setpoint modules and other ION modules on your meter, please refer to the ION Reference located here:
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!