I'm configuring ion7550 communication by iec61850 using ion setup.
-> Missing CID file
So how to configure ION communication using iec61850.
To get IEC 61850 working on your meter, it is a process.
1. Get the ICD file that matches the hardware of your device from Schneider Electric. The ION7550 v360 ICD files are located here: **they are also available inside the CET850 program**
2. Next, you must convert the ICD file to a CID file using a configuration tool such as CET850:
3. Run CET850. Chose File > New. Go to Add > IED. Navigate to where you have stored your ICD file (or select device from library). Enter in the name, description and Ethernet information for your device, then click OK. Go to File > Build all CID files. Select a location, enter a file name and click Save. Do not change the file type (leave as SCD).
4. Load your CID file onto your ION7550. You can do this via FTP, but using ION Setup will show you if the file has loaded correctly. You may need to update your version of ION Setup to get the Load functionality. The latest ION Setup is located here, or by going to your existing ION Setup program and selecting Help > check for update:
5. In ION Setup, navigate to your device and select the IEC 61850 tab. Click Upload, and navigate to where you have stored your CID file. The CID status will indicate that the CID file is being parsed, and then will indicate "IEC 61850 stack running" if the CID file is valid and loaded correctly. At that time you will have IEC 61850 functioning on your meter.
This is described in the IEC 61850 and ION meters protocol document, which gives more detail about how IEC 61850 is implemented in your meter, available from Schneider Electric here:
And also described in the Third Party Protocols chapter of the ION7550/ION7650 user guide, available here:
You can also refer to the PM8000 user guide, communications chapter, as the implementation/feature is the same as the ION7550:http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/download/document/7EN02-0336/
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!