Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80625members
346580posts

RFA file import to Revit

Solved
SophieMBrause
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

RFA file import to Revit

After creating a layout using the Web-based LayoutFAST and saving the .rfa file to my computer, how do I import it into room layout? I tried the below steps without success on a low voltage transformer

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
FelixRamos
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: RFA file import to Revit

Hi Sophie, 

If a product is configured in LayoutFAST web, simply download that file to your local computer.  Select the file locally and drag and drop it into your Revit model. 

Another option is to:

1. Download the RFA,
  2. Open the Revit project,
  3. Click the Load Family button
  4. Browse to the downloaded RFA,
  5. Place the RFA using the Electrical Equipment tool.  There is no need to open the downloaded RFA (that was an old workflow for switchboards and other lineup products that is no longer necessary)

Thanks for your inquiry!  We hope this helps. 

Felix 

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
FelixRamos
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: RFA file import to Revit

Hi Sophie, 

If a product is configured in LayoutFAST web, simply download that file to your local computer.  Select the file locally and drag and drop it into your Revit model. 

Another option is to:

1. Download the RFA,
  2. Open the Revit project,
  3. Click the Load Family button
  4. Browse to the downloaded RFA,
  5. Place the RFA using the Electrical Equipment tool.  There is no need to open the downloaded RFA (that was an old workflow for switchboards and other lineup products that is no longer necessary)

Thanks for your inquiry!  We hope this helps. 

Felix 

Tags (1)