Port 23 is opened through Telnet and can provide a security access breach into a system.
All versions of I/Net Software on All Supported Operating Systems.
When the Delta Debug tables are set to 1 or 2, it opens up port 23 for use but also Telnet can be used as well.
The following steps need to be followed to resolve this issue:
- Go to Run and type regedit
- Open up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Expand the Software tab and expand CSI-Control Systems International
- On x64 Based Systems the above folder is located under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node
- Open up the Configurations tab and click on the Active Configuration that is currently running in I/Net
- On the right side window, scroll down to Debug Tables, right-click and modify the setting
- Change the value to a 0, close out of it, close I/Net and I/o server and restart it again.
P.S. This should close that port but be aware that Telnet would not be able to function when this is done.