Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
SQL Database is full or the partition the SQL is installed is full
EcoStruxure Building Operation
StruxureWare Building Operation site with Reports installed
If a site is using SQL Express 2008 then it is the 10 GB limit. If using the full version(s), it is unlimited. If the database or the partition where the Reports Server resides is full, here are some steps to reduce the SQL tables volume and offer a short term solution.
- Before continuing, make sure there is a good backup of the database.
- Using SQL Server Management Studio, highlight the StruxureWareReportsDB and select New Query
- Use the following Script in that Query:
SELECT t.NAME AS TableName, s.Name AS SchemaName, p.rows AS RowCounts,
SUM(a.total_pages) * 8 AS TotalSpaceKB, SUM(a.used_pages) * 8 AS UsedSpaceKB,
(SUM(a.total_pages) - SUM(a.used_pages)) * 8 AS UnusedSpaceKB
FROM sys.tables t INNER JOIN sys.indexes i ON t.OBJECT_ID = i.object_id
INNER JOIN sys.partitions p ON i.object_id = p.OBJECT_ID AND i.index_id = p.index_id
INNER JOIN sys.allocation_units a ON p.partition_id = a.container_id
LEFT OUTER JOIN sys.schemas s ON t.schema_id = s.schema_id
WHERE t.NAME NOT LIKE 'dt%' AND t.is_ms_shipped = 0 AND i.OBJECT_ID > 255
GROUP BY t.Name, s.Name, p.Rows ORDER BY t.Name
- Select Execute to run that Query as shown in the screen capture below:
- The Results show each of the tables and the size of those tables as shown in the screen capture below:
- Purely for example purposes, a script to reduce the number of Events would be
delete from tbEvents where DATEDIFF(day, datetimestamp, getdate()) > 180
- To gain back the space after deleting rows, right click on StruxureWareReportsdb > Tasks > Shrink > Database