When replacing an EP1501 controller, does all doors and schedules have to be recreated?
- Server 2012
- SQL 2012 R2
EP1501 Controller loses power and starts going on/off line continuously and need to be replaced.
To replace an EP1501 controller, the following steps need to be followed:
- Open up the instance that the device is configured on
- From the hardware tree, select the device that needs to be replaced
- Double click to open a new window
- Once the replacement device is powered and configured, copy its MAC address
- On the old one, delete it' s MAC address and paste the new one in
- Perform a save and close, then right click and select the option to Reboot
- Once the controller comes online again it will start communicating with the sub devices
- Open up a Live Monitoring Window and verify that events are coming in correctly