Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Require details on how to migrate Users from an SP-C-WEB to Security Expert.
- Security Expert
Have a site that has outgrown it's SP-C-WEB installation and is upgrading to Security Expert to expand.
Door configuration and programming cannot be migrated from an SP-C-WEB installation to Security Expert, but the User database can be exported to a CSV file and then imported into Security Expert to help with the migration.
Exporting User database from SP-C-WEB to CSV file
1. From the SP-C-WEB user interface navigate to Users | User Search.
2. In the User Search page on the top right (under date) is the Export button. Clicking the Export button will generate a .csv file of all User details. (See attached example Exported Users.zip)
Editing User CSV file for importing into Security Expert
1. The Security Expert User import requires the CSV file to be in a specific format:
2. The rules for this format are that:
- Each field must have a value however the firstname/lastname can be omitted if the fullname is used and vice versa.
- The facility can be omitted if it is prepended to the card number and separated with a colon (eg 123:4567).
- If a matching Access Level is not found, a new access level is created.
- The PIN and Card must be unique for each user.
- The file cannot contain a header row.
3. Some examples of correctly formatted data are:
- Joe, Stanley,Joe Stanley,123,4587,1418,Warehouse Staff
- Georgia, Smith,,123,4654,6884,Warehouse Staff
- ,,Billy Randall,123,4727,3492,Warehouse Staff
- Frank,Powell,,,123:4639,3160,Warehouse Staff
Importing Users from a CSV File into Security Expert
1. In the Security Expert Client navigate to Users | Users and select the Import button.
2. Browse to and select the CSV File you wish to import the users from, then click OK.
3. The Users records are created and a message is displayed to indicate the action was successful.