- Receive "Initialization error" when trying to start I/NET with SQL 2008
- When we installing SQL Server 2008 Standard for I/NET Filemaster, what are the main components we should include?
- When editing / adding a new I/NET Configuration Profile the Database Server section is blank
- DBCreate does not start. Appears in task Manager but no user interface is shown.
- Within DBCreate the restore option is grayed out
- I/NET Seven 2.4x
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 families of operating systems. (both 32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft SQL 2008 Standard or Express Editions
- Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 Standard or Express Editions
I/NET must have the SQL 2005 Backward compatibility file installed. If this is not installed I/NET will not locate the SQL Server and hence will issue an “initialization failure” error. This is can also be identified in either the DBCreate or I/NET Configuration application editors which will show no entries in their "Database Server" settings.
The document also details information that is necessary for a Standard or Express editions of SQL 2008 / SQL 2008 R2.
Follow the instructions below extracted from the document called "SQL2008 Expr Install Inst.pdf". This document is found on I/NET Seven CD under the 'SQLExpress' folder. For SQL 2008 R2 installations refer to the following document SQL2008 R2 Expr Install.pdf, also found in this same folder .
Installing SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility
SQL Server 2005 backward compatibility must be installed for SQL 2008.
To install SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility
- Navigate to the SQLBcm directory on the TAC I/NET Seven installation CD.
- Launch the SQLServer2005_BC.msi file.
- Follow the prompts on each screen and accept all defaults.
- After the install check the SQL Server Services
- SQL Server Browser is RUNNING
- SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) is RUNNING
- Check the SQL Server Network Configuration Protocols
- Enable Named Pipes
- Enable TCP/IP
Completing the Installation
Proceed with the installation of TAC I/NET Seven on your PC. For installation instructions, refer to TCON298, TAC I/NET Seven Getting Started.
Note: Run Inetcfg.exe before starting TAC I/NET Seven for the first time.
This is necessary to attach TAC I/NET Seven to the database and avoid an “Initialization failure” error.
Note: Before file equalization will operate, the system must be rebooted or the INETEQZMERGE service must be manually started.
Also refer to Installing I/NET 2.42 or higher and Vista 5.1.7 or higher on a 64-bit operating system for additional details on installing I/NET with SQL 2008 R2.