The hostId for a computer running I/A Series G3 version 3.8u1 (or earlier) and N4 versions 4.2 (or earlier) may be changed from the result of a Windows update.
TAC IA Series
- I/A Series G3
- I/A Series N4
- I/A Series 3.8 Update 2 (3.8.213 and later)
- I/A Series 4.4 (and later)
- Note: This is a reminder that a 32-bit install will always generate a different host-id than a 64-bit install.
- Patches are only supported for the latest update (maintenance) version for the relevant release.
- Patches are not available for I/A Series G3 release 3.5 and earlier, or I/A Series N4 release 4.0 or 4.1.
- Builds prior to G3 3.8.213 are considered unsupported. Customers applying these patches do so at their own risk.
- Newer versions of Niagara (3.8U2 and 4.3) have introduced a stabilized method of managing the Host ID and do not require any patch.
- The patches do not eliminate the issue of different Host IDs generated when installing 32-bit and 64-bit Niagara.
- Verify the installed java version to be either 64-bit or 32-bit. Start a Niagara Command Line (Home>/bin/console.exe) from the desktop of the platform to be patched.
- From the Niagara Command Line execute the command: nre -version
- One of the listed items will be java.vm.name. If the text contains “64-Bit” then the installation is 64-bit otherwise the installation is 32-bit.
- Stop any running station using Workbench's Platform Application Director on the platform to be patched.
- Exit Workbench if running on the platform to be patched.
- From the Niagara Command Line ... /bin/console.exe execute the command: plat uninstalldaemon
- Prior to replacement, save a copy of the existing nre.dll located in /bin folder. If Niagara 4.2 is being updated also save a copy of the existing njre.dll located in /bin folder.
- Copy the version appropriate and OS appropriate (64-bit or 32-bit) downloaded version of nre.dll file to the Home>/bin folder. If Niagara 4.2 also copy njre.dll to /bin folder. Overwrite the existing file(s).
- From the Niagara Command Line (/bin/console.exe) execute: plat installdaemon
- Start Workbench.
- Open a platform connection to the patched platform.
- Using the Application Director, start the station.