How to completely uninstall and remove TAC Vista 5.X.X
- TAC Vista 5.1 and later versions
- Windows OS
(Windows XP, Windows 7 tested)
Occasionally it is beneficial to be able to remove a TAC Vista installation completely, removing any indication it was ever installed.
- When using the full SQL version not administered by TAC Vista:
- Backup SQL database named “taclogdata”.
- Use the backup function in SQL Server manager.
- Save the database outside of the Microsoft SQL folder Server and TAC root directory (usually C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric (note: TAC Vista 5.1.3 and prior will have path C:\Program Files\TAC instead) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server).
- Backup TAC Vista database using backup function in TAC Vista.
- Stop SQL manager, Task manager/processes – stop sqlserv.exe and sqlagent.exe if running.
- Remove all TAC Vista hotfixes using the uninstall program in Control panel Add/Remove programs.
- Remove TAC Vista Server 5.x.x using the uninstall program in Control panel Add/Remove programs.
- If additional TAC programs like TAC toolpack, TAC Xbuilder etc. are installed remove them as mentioned before.
- Remove SQL (Microsoft SQL Server 2005) using the uninstall program in Control panel Add/Remove programs.
- Delete remaining uninstalled TAC folders (usually C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric, TAC Vista 5.1.3 and prior will have path C:\Program Files\TAC instead).
- Delete remaining files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\TAC Shared.
- Delete remaining uninstalled SQL (Microsoft SQL server) folders (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server).
- Check to see if TAC needs to be removed from the registry – Start, Run, REGEDIT. Find the registry key folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDll
- Remove all keys containing “TAC Shared”, e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\TAC Shared\TACADDON01_ENG.dll.
- If applicable - Remove SQL from registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft \Microsoft SQL server.
- If SQL Server (TACVISTA) still listed under Services, please follow steps in SQL server service cannot be started during Vista 5.X.X installation to solve the issue.
See How to uninstall and completely remove TAC Vista 4.3 to TAC Vista 4.5 for steps to completely remove TAC Vista IV.