Learn about the Community. Join our Core Community to Get Started

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Knowledge Base
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I request a replacement I/A Series R2 or G3 Enterprise Server license for a host ID change due to a failed computer or reload of the operating system?

Issue

How do I request a replacement I/A Series R2 or G3 Enterprise Server license for a host ID change due to a failed computer or reload of the operating system?

Product Line

TAC IA Series

Environment

• I/A Series R2 Enterprise Server / WorkPlace Pro *
  • I/A Series G3 Enterprise Network Server / Workbench

Cause

Reload of the I/A Series R2 * or G3 Enterprise Server on a new computer or hard drive causes the host ID to no longer match the existing license.

Resolution

Replacement licenses are required for various reasons that include a failed computer and reload of the operating system.  In cases where the existing computer’s R2 or G3 Host ID has changed, a license form MUST be filled out and provided with the correct information in order to obtain a replacement license file.  The form must include the old host ID, new host ID, jobsite information, and reason for the change.  There is no charge for a host ID only change.

Forms can be found on both the iPortal and The Exchange Download Center websites.

iPortal iPortal - Login and navigate to Products and select Manage Forms.
The Exchange Download Center - IA Series R2 License Forms v6.6 - 112013 and IASeries G3 License Forms v4.8 - 112013A

The license request can be emailed to the following address.  IASeries.License@schneider-electric.com

* Update - I/A Series R2 has been discontinued as of Janaury 1, 2016. Schneider Electric can no longer provide replacement licenses for failed I/A Series R2 UNCs, Enterprise Servers, WorkPlace Pro, or Office Demos. Refer to PA-00459 for details. 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
No ratings