How can a link be added to a Niagara R2 graphic that will display a pdf file?
Easy access to documentation via the graphic
Here are the steps:
Create a new folder within the running station's folder: \niagara\
\stations\ . Label it "Documents" (any name is fine).
- Paste a copy of the desired pdf file to this new "Documents" folder.
- Open the desired graphic in Workplace Pro, and create a new GxText object.
- In the Local Library, navigate to the "Documents" folder. The pdf file should be listed below it.
- Right-click > Copy, the pdf file.
In the Properties > Visual tab of the GxText object, place the flashing cursor in the 'hyperlinkURL" box and press
+ V. This will paste the SWID of the pdf file in the box.
- On this same screen, for the "hyperlinkOnClick" setting, choose URL.
- Apply all changes.
Note: The pdf file will not actually display if viewing the graphic in Workplace Pro. It will appear when viewing the graphic in a web browser.