After upgrading from Energy Expert (Power Manager) version 1.0 to 1.1 or newer, the licensing does not work anymore.
Needing detailed information about Energy Expert licensing and how it works.
EcoStruxure Building Operation, Other
- Energy Expert (Power Manager)
- License Administrator
- Power Monitoring Expert
There can be some confusion on what licenses are required to run Energy Expert. There are also differences between version 1.0 and 1.1 or newer licensing.
Energy Expert License
In order to use Energy Expert you need to purchase an Energy Expert license before the Power Monitoring Expert (PME) 90-day trail license expires. It is important to remember that you will also need your normal SmartStruxure licenses to work along side Energy Expert (Workstation, Enterprise Server, etc) which need to be activated in the StruxureWare Building Operation License Administrator (How to activate, release and/or transfer a license in SmartStruxure).
Note: The SmartStruxure temporary license (demo) is only for SmartStruxure software and does not include Power Manager.
Energy Expert Version 2.0 Licensing and Upgrading
If upgrading from a previous Power Manager 1.X site to Energy Expert 2.X, a new license(s) will be required. In order to obtain your new license(s), please follow the procedure found in TPA-EBO-19-0001.00 - EcoStruxure Energy Expert v2.0 License Upgrade.
Version 1.1 to 1.3 Licensing
The part numbers for version 1.1 or newer are listed below.
- PSWPMNCZZSPEZZ - Base Power Manager license.
- PSWDENCZZNPEZZ - Power Manager entry range device license (to add devices to PME).
- PSWDMNCZZNPEZZ - Power Manager mid range device license (to add devices to PME).
- PSWSANPAZSPEZZ - Upgrade from Power Manager to full Power Monitoring Expert.
Upgrading from version 1.0 up to 1.3
- Acquire a new 1.X license by filling out the Power Manager 1.1 Upgrade Request form (same form used for a 1.0 upgrade to any version 1.1 or newer). This is a free upgrade.
- After submitting the upgrade request, you will receive an email with your new activation ID(s) within a couple of days.
- Once the new activation ID(s) have been received, the software upgrade can take place. Simply follow the "Upgrading..." section of the Power Manager Integration Manual.
Version 1.0 Licensing
The part number for this license was SXWSWSPMUL0001. This license will allow you to use all of the Power Manager features and no additional EWS licenses need to be purchased.
Activating a License
Once you receive your Activation ID for a Power Manager license, it can be activated in Floating License Manager. For more detail on license activation see the Power Manager Integration Manual.
- Go to the Start menu, Schneider Electric > Floating License Manager
- Click Activate to open the Activation Method dialog.
- Select By web and click Next.
- Enter the Activation ID value, select Specify from the dropdown list for Seats, and then enter 1 for Count, and click Next.
- Specify your email address, choose a location where the request file can be saved, and then click Next.
- Click Yes if none of the software products are controlling your production systems.
- Click Finish.