How to discover MNL Lon devices in SmartStruxure Automation Server (AS)
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- SmartStruxure Workstation
- Automation Server
To discover a LonWorks device
- In WorkStation, in the System Tree pane, select the server that is connected to the device you want to discover.
- Click the Device Discovery view.
- In the Select device type box, select LonWorks.
- Select the Devices folder.
- On the Actions menu, click Activate listen to service pin.
- Press the service pin on the physical device.
- In the Device Discovery view, ensure that the LonWorks device is displayed in the Devices folder. This may take up to 5 seconds.
- On the Actions menu, click Deactivate listen to service pin. (NOTE: Be sure to discover all devices before you deactivate “Listen to service pin”)
- Drag the discovered service pin (device) to the System Tree pane:
- Drag to an existing device to associate it with the discovered physical device.
- Drag to the LonWorks network to create the device.
NOTE: You cannot drag a standard MNL LonWorks device to the System Tree pane if the discovered device is in an unconfigured state
For more information, refer to the Creating and Configuring a LonWorks Network with MNL LonWorks Devices .pdf document