There is a need to capture a log that shows the Modbus communication in the AS or ES in order to troubleshoot an issue
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Workstation
- Buildning Operation Automation Server
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
When troubleshooting modbus issues in an AS or ES it can be helpful to see the communication
- Open Workstation and navigate to [AS/ES name]/System/Modules/Trace/Loggers/nsp/nsp.pin.
- Right-click "nsp.pin.modbus" and choose properties.
- Under Level, change from "Information" to "Trace", then click ok.
- Let it run a few minutes. If there are some user input needed to recreate the modbus issue, do it.
- Retrieve the log by right-clicking [AS/ES name]/System/Modules/Trace/TraceSettings and choose Trace settings->Get trace log.
- Save the log file somewhere you'll find it later.
- Change log level back to "Information" (reverse step 3).