Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
80821members
346893posts

OFS to Movicon NeXt Via OPC UA

kpr
Crewman
Crewman

OFS to Movicon NeXt Via OPC UA

Hi everyone,

I am Using Movicon next as a SCADA Software. My site located in a remote area. I need to connect OFS with Movicon Next via OPC UA. To do that What are the things needed to be installed on the site and which are the Ports to be Forwarded at the site firewall?

Regards

kpr

Tags (3)
5 Replies 5
Omaelk
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: OFS to Movicon NeXt Via OPC UA

@sbeadle , can you help here?

Oncom
Commander
Commander

you need to install at site:

OFS with driver you need. 

and OPC UA option checked.

port for firewall 48400 

there is also FAQ for this question.

FAQ 

kpr
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you for your response,

I'm going to connect OFS OPC with Movicon next(SCADA Software). Whether You tried with movicon or any other third party SCADA Software?.

Tags (2)
kpr
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi, while trying to connect ofs opc with Movicon next , i'm getting bad certificate Host Name Invalid error. How can rectify this issue?.

Regards,

Praveenraj.k

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Likely a bit late to the party on this, but might help someone in the future.

You likely don't have an appropriate SSL certificate assigned to the server.

You should have one with an appropriate subject alternative name associated.  This will largely depend on how you end up referencing the server.  Some common mistakes:

• Not including the hostname only form (i.e. hostname) where referenced internally without FQDN context
  • Not including the fully qualified domain name form where the FQDN is referenced (i.e. hostname.example.com)
  • Not including IP addresses when referenced via IP address (i.e. 10.0.1.100)
  • Not including NAT IP address when referenced from a direct passthrough NAT firewall (i.e. 192.168.1.100 referenced locally which is remapped to 10.0.1.100 to the server on the WAN)

Essentially the SAN (Subject Alt Name) should include potential addresses used to reference the service internally.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (1)