How is redundancy (high availability) within a data centre and across data centre managed for 'Real time database'?
1. Assuming within Datacentre Active-Passive (Standby) configuration can be made
2. How is the data syncd between Active-Passive nodes within the datacentre and across datacentre
Hello, there are three types of redundancy within EcoStruxure Machine SCADA Expert.
1) WEB CLIENT Redundancy: If you developed the application as a web application, you can configure a redundant web server to continue to serve the HMI Screens if the "Primary" HMI goes down.
2) DATABASE Redundancy: If you are using a SQL or equivalent type of database, you can configure the database connection to be redundant or store and forward.
3) Based on your question, I believe you are talking about the project tags within in the application. This is done using the shared database(Project Explorer->Global ->Shared database) and a simple heartbeat script to ensure the runtime is active. The script can be used to control the communication tasks which can be enabled or disabled to help reduce network traffic.
Hopefully this helps.
Discuss challenges in energy and automation with 30,000+ experts and peers.
Find answers in 10,000+ support articles to help solve your product and business challenges.
Find peer based solutions to your questions. Provide answers for fellow community members!