Learn about the Community. Join our Core Community to Get Started

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Get started with the community
New user? Discover the Exchange Community, find out how the Exchange Community works & ask your questions to moderators for any support or access issue.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator

In 2019, lots of changes are coming in SE community: give us your opinion!

SE feedback.jpg

Hello Everyone!

My name is Firdous Khan and I am part of the animation team of the Schneider Electric Exchange Community.

My goal is to optimize this resourceful and informative platform so that it delivers an exceptional user experience to you.

Our plan is to enhance your user journey, as well as other aspects of the community such as ranking system and how we communicate important information about the community to its members.

Your experience is important to us. To ensure we are meeting your expectations, we need your feedback. Your input will be influential on guiding our enhancement approach and executing the most efficient plan for community optimization.

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU !

Kindly answer these five questions as they relate to your user experience on the SE Exchange Community:

What are your primary challenges or pain points?

What functionality would you like to see improved or implemented?

Is the overall community presentation (messaging, navigation, etc.) clear and intuitive?

How can we improve participation and repeat visits from community members?

What works well and/or needs improvement on the current ranking system?

We are listening and committed to enhancing your user experience. We will keep you informed as new features and functionality are implemented. 

Thank You,

Admin Team

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-User-guide-accessible-here/m-p/165870#M43
12 REPLIES 12
Lt. Commander

Re: In 2019, lots of changes are coming in SE community: give us your opinion!

Hi, I regularly use the Community for all kinds of Q&A for problems I encounter.  I really appreciate the high quality of the community, the indexing, promptness of high quality responses, and most of all solutions.  I find the search highly affective and flexible, meaning I don't have to have the exact words in order to get appropriate suggestions for my search.

The only thing I can think of to improve would be...a seperate forum for EBO upgrades and issues.  Sort of like the graphics forum, only for upgrade issues.  After that, finding software downloads and upgrade versions can be rather challenging to find.  If the Downloads page could be as well put together as the Community, that would be great!!

Good Work, and Thank you

Jim Rice

Administrator

Just a comment on that comment. Previously we had sub spaces for pretty much anything and everything. Got too hard for people to find things. So I'm very much for the few high level spaces.

Regarding the upgrade issues, which seems to be a specific concern here. I'd be interested to learn more about that; maybe in a separate thread in the EBO space. Around 1 year ago, there was a large initiative we ran with from the global team, where we actively targeted upgrade issues. Most is now being actively handled in the software, but the few parts that still represents issues, are detected by the SBO xbk Analyzer and SBO Load Analyzer.

In other words, if upgrades as such still represents a concern, it seems that not all information has been relayed. It's very, very few cases that reveals previously unknown issues.

Highlighted
Janeway Adi Janeway
Janeway

1. After the conversion from old community to new one we've lost some useful information (links, pictures, docs, broken links).
  2. I dislike most: Community has no fixed structure, looks like a RSS feed. I miss the old fixed categories: Downloads, Documents, etc. Floating feature is not a solution for categorization.
  3. There is no possibility to publish a Whitepaper or an article, everything is treated as a question and requires an answer.
  4. I do not see who marked a solution.
  5. I do not have the possibility to keep multiple versions of the same attachment or document.
  6. I do not see statistics, insights about my community.
  7. I cannot see who viewed some post

The above.

(Maybe some of my above points can be solved by a better access level.)

Create a mobile application or give us the settings to use existing mobile application.

Is the overall community presentation (messaging, navigation, etc.) clear and intuitive?

Yes. It is, but that doesn't mean it's answering my needs.

It is up to the content creators.

Make a mobile application.

What works well and/or needs improvement on the current ranking system?

Ranking system works ok. I do not see what is the highest ranking and where I sit among other users of immediately higher and lower rank.

Janeway Adi Janeway
Janeway

Maybe more clarification on my #5:

The original author modifies the post by attaching the newest driver, but the dat of the document remains the original date.

I will not be notified about that change.

Example here: https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/EcoStruxure-Power-SCADA/ION-Driver-Latest-Release/m-p/150187?ad...

The driver version is changed, the attachment has been updated, but the post date is 2015!

Administrator

Hi @Adi ,

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand that you are disappointed for that. 

We all have the same feature : we have the date of creation of a topic not the modification date of a topic.

But the author of the topic can use to notify the modification of a post. 

See below this feature : 

SEmodificationofapost.JPG

To communicate new things in a community, it's better to create a new post. And why not to inform in a old post this news (with the link).

Best regards,

Firdous

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-User-guide-accessible-here/m-p/165870#M43
Janeway Adi Janeway
Janeway

Thanks for reply, I understand, I will contact the author of that post.

For PSO Drivers all that matters is the last version, the newest. The rest are history and their (old drivers') problems are listed in release notes of each driver.

Admiral

1- No preview of PDF files.

2- Sometimes images are directly downloaded. No Preview? I think that depents on how the user uploaded it.

3- Alot of users are sesa12441345 or what so ever. What happend to the real names? i know people can change it. But they don't want to or just forget it.

4- when logging onto the community the activity list is hard to filter with only sub directories which apply to a me. example i have nothing with energy expert forum. I want to hide these post.

5- The badging system? it doesn't make sence anymore.

1- Preview of PDF files

2- Easy filtering of the home page of this community, which "forums" should be displayed.

3- Easy points system, better no names and just points. Then these names which doesn't make any sense.

It took some time. But for now i'm used to it. Sometimes video's or links are gone but that's it.

It depends on user posts, maybe better ability to change the home page like dashboard or so.

What works well and/or needs improvement on the current ranking system?

point system. The current system is not user friendly. The previous system was clear, if you like a post you get a poin. If you comment a post 2 points or whatsoever, give right awnser. 15 points. That's missing. 

Administrator

Hello all,

Thank you @jimr_ficomt_com@Benji@Adi@Arnold for your answers. 

We will try our best to improve this community.

My scope is animation. I will keep you informed for the next new things. 

Admin team.

Best regards,

Firdous

Commander

I think thar new format is significantly worst than the former one. Fortunately I had a backup copy for most appealing tags themes published in earlier Exchange Webs (Buliding & Power)

Cadet

Great news !

Captain

Hello,

There are 2 areas I would suggest that could be improved:

The first is the search engine. This has limited flexibility / functionality compared to other internet searches making it often difficult to find the information required.

There are the limited search modifiers that allow the +, - and " " to be used, but there are no other logic options like the AND functionality. Using the + will act as a logical OR and the - acts as a NOT.

The second area is a follow-up to Adi's post, item #3 above. "Everything is treated as a question". It would be good to define different post types e.g. questions, whitepapers, documents, General information / statements, announcements etc.

Maybe use different icons for the different types.

An improved search would also allow users to search on the different post types. e.g to find new questions, new announcements etc.

Thanks

Paul

Administrator

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's very useful for us !

Best regards,

Firdous