New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lt. Commander

[import] Inversion of points and consequent convertion of codes to suit.

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-06-14 00:53:10 Id:448
the help menu "Configure any Physical Binary Input Point Properties" discusses the option of inverting a point state.

I Have noticed that within code referencing point names. if the point name is updated this is then carried to any code that is referencing that point name, animations and logic I have found.

However when referencing state descriptions logic does not update. this needs to be done manually.

When point is inverted on the system would it be obvious to state that all codes referencing that point on the system will also need to have the point inverted in the code.

Reply User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2019-06-14 04:24:39
So I have been using the inverted point now on points that are configured directly to binary points on the RTU's. it doesn't seem to be working correctly? Is there something I am not doing right? I am configuring binary input points. the state just remains as a 0 when I invert it nothing happens.? any support help with this would be great.

Reply User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2019-06-14 04:34:17
It is my understanding that you won't see the state change on the SCADA server end as this only changes the output to the inverse at the station.

Reply User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-06-18 11:52:59
This is an eNET Point only option. You will only see the change when you download the configuration to the eNET RTU and the configuration takes affect.
It is really for digital input points when you want to use inverse logic (i.e. when you have an input that is 'Mains Failed', but the actual input is a '1' for 'healthy'). If you tick the box, then the Database Point state is inverted from the Physical state.