New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lt. Commander

[import] FTP and SFTP

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Bulk Edit Tool<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-06-21 01:16:24 Id:456
Does Schneider offer SFTP on the RTU's to ward off security compromise or do the units only allow for standard STP. if so do they allow the option of active or passive FTP?

Reply User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-07-10 23:31:01
The documentation indicates that the FTP server on the SCADAPack RTUs (E series and x70) does NOT support PASV. However I've had clients with Passive Mode enabled work successfully, and it seemed to respond ok to the PASV command.

There is no SFTP or FTPS at this stage however. I've raised this with Schneider Tech Support (via the appropriate support channels) and would advise that you do similar.

I would recommend the use of FTPS over SFTP. FTPS is supported by IIS (as an FTPS server) and uses standard TLS secure channels (as per HTTPS) making it a more seamless migration (for other services).

Reply User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-07-11 22:27:27
However SCADAPacks don't run Windows

Using OpenSSH which provides SFTP client and server is probably more the likely (not that I'm involved with the product side anyway)

Reply User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-08-12 04:29:28
[at]adamwoodland said:
However SCADAPacks don't run Windows

Using OpenSSH which provides SFTP client and server is probably more the likely (not that I'm involved with the product side anyway)

OpenSSH is probably better than going with OpenSSL for secure socket 'stuff' at the moment, although there are a number of other good TLS/SSL libraries which are gaining traction. mbed TLS / NSS..

I guess VxWorks fixes will take priority for a little while however.