New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lt. Commander

[import] Editing and distributing text call outs. alarm source

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Bulk Edit Tool<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2018-11-08 21:21:29 Id:315
We are using a system which texts operators after checking the communications status of the RTU's over an hour. the new logic needs to be deployed to all the templates and then in object folder for each site the digital points need to be tied to the new logic. the issue I am having is that for each alarm I need to change the alarm source to " folder name

Reply User: geoffpatton, posted: 2018-11-09 04:03:51
The Bulk Edit tool should get the job done for this just select the groups the points are in and the point type and check the box for AlarmSource. Then Export that to an xlsx file and edit them. Finally Import the xlsx file back in.

Reply User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2018-11-12 00:21:50
thanks Geoff. I have never used the bulk edit tool. just looking for a link to download. this is helpful.

Reply User: geoffpatton, posted: 2018-11-14 17:00:21
It is on the installation disk for ClearSCADA versions 2014 and up. Once you install it there is a user guide in the start menu. and if you are NOT on 2017 R2 or greater there is a startup bug, but just a click of a buttin gets you going right. https://se-scada.net/forum/discussion/144/startup-bug-with-the-property-overrides#latest

Reply User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-01-03 22:56:58
This is the kind of situation where I prefer to go rogue and use QueryPad
The Bulk Edit tool will be horrible for doing what you want.

What it sounds like you want is an
UPDATE AlarmSource = ParentGroupId-Name | ' Communications Down'
FROM CInternalDigital
WHERE Name = 'Comms State'

If you want further up the hierarchy you can use ParentGroupId-ParentGroupId-ParentGroupId-Name or something..