New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lt. Commander

[import] 2D Move Animation

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: Gissit, originally posted: 2018-11-27 08:20:07 Id:327
Hi

Its been a l;ong time since I have been here...

I have just picked up ClearScada after a few years away and I have an application where I need to animate (move) a graphic object in two dimensions. This is actually an overhead view of a gantry crane. It is simple enough to define a path to move in one axis but not so simple for two. I have two objects, one beam and the other the crane cab. When I move the beam on the x axis the cab needs to follow it. The cab moves on hte Y axis.

I'm sure there is a simple solution but I thought I would ask if anyone else has already done this.

Reply User: sbeadle, posted: 2018-11-27 13:11:39
To animate an object's position in two axes, first create an embedded mimic with the thing you want to move, and set a motion path in one direction. Then add parameters for min/max and position. Then on a parent mimic, embed that with suitable parameters and add a motion path to that embedded mimic with its own min/max and position.

Reply User: Gissit, posted: 2018-11-29 08:24:33
Many thanks, perfectly obvious with hindsight. I am just a little rusty
Would I be correct to assume you are Steve Beadle?
Hi, been a long time. I'm Brian from Alderley, remember me?

Reply User: sbeadle, posted: 2018-11-29 08:40:29
I do, and it's good to meet you here!