New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
Make the most of your remote operations with end-to-end solutions with Process Automation’s SCADA and Telemetry Solutions. With the challenges that remote sites present, reliable communications for remote operation, monitoring & management are vital in enhancing productivity and ensuring profitability.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lieutenant JG

Offline Map Geo SCADA / ClearSCADA

Hi Everyone,

is it possible to make offline maps in ClearSCADA / GeoSCADA?

Thanks

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Re: Offline Map Geo SCADA / ClearSCADA

Hi @Oncom ,

I believe this has been discussed before on the old forums (the one in the middle anyway).

Within ClearSCADA this is not currently possible.

However it is possible to use an on-site caching WMS server.  There are a number of open source alternatives out there if you google it.  It would require some more work to set these up, and to appropriate configure caching, etc, but if security is a concern then this should be relatively easy to justify.

As WMS etc are layers over regular HTTP(S), then using a simple HTTPS application proxy (Web Proxy) should also be possible as a protection layer.  This would be much more simple to configure, but would require network traffic to be possible between the OT and 'Geo network'.

Regards,

Bevan

Ensign

I think you are referring to a post I started.

LINK EDITED BY STEVE:

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/Geo-SCADA-Expert-Forum/Imported-GIS-Exportable-file-formats-sup...

Lieutenant JG