New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admiral

[Imported] Using the .NET Client API to add a Scanner with Refresh() to a Schedule.

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: Robbie, originally posted: 2019-10-13 23:45:52 Id:555
Is it possible via the .NET Client API to add Scanner objects, to call the Refresh method, to a Schedule? I'd also like to potentially remove the object too!

I can't seem to find anything in the .NET ClearSCADA API help file. I have tried GetObject on a schedule and called the ClassDefiniton property to look at it's schema, but can't seem to find a collection to add and remove objects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Admiral

Re: [Imported] Using the .NET Client API to add a Scanner with Refresh() to a Schedule.

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: tfranklin, posted: 2019-10-14 21:09:20
Out of curiosity -- what all are you trying to achieve by issuing a refresh?

Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-10-14 03:52:48
I believe you need to use the ViewX automation interface rather than .NET API to modify those entries on a schedule. Unfortunately the ViewX automation is neither documented or officially supported, so you'll need to find inspiration on these forums (most of the good stuff were on the old forums but that's a different discussion)

I understand this might not be the worlds most helpful answer, but I don't have access to any relevant code at the moment so can't give specifics.

Reply From User: Robbie, posted: 2019-10-14 04:35:19
That's a shame that I can't use the .NET API. I must admit I have never tried the ViewX automation interface, but at least you have pointed me in the right direction.

I'll see what I can find. Thank you for such a quick reply!