New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
Make the most of your remote operations with end-to-end solutions with Process Automation’s SCADA and Telemetry Solutions. With the challenges that remote sites present, reliable communications for remote operation, monitoring & management are vital in enhancing productivity and ensuring profitability.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sisko

[Imported] Notification SMS send out for operators from input field by engineer.

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, originally posted: 2019-07-14 21:56:34 Id:469
Morning Fellow Engineers!

I am wanting to build the following:

I need to send SMS to several operators in the field from a list which is created by the engineer.
I am wondering if you have any code samples that might help me in this. Basically I want a box I can type a message into hit send and it sends to the operators from scada.

My current approach

Set button to reference script which passes a send sms method to the contact list specified in the menu. Would be preferable to make the script reference a list first before doing this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sisko

Re: [Imported] Notification SMS send out for operators from input field by engineer.

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-07-15 12:29:13
I'm definitely not recommending this, but you could do this using some ST Logic and an SQL query.
It would be possible to do a query to get the operators which have an SMS Paging Service configured against them. And then to execute the SendMessage method (I forget the exact name, but the schema has this info) against each one.

The Logic could then accept a STRING for the message, and would send the same message to each user (with Paging Service).
The ST Logic DB Lock should be kept under control with NO CACHE

Reply From User: ROVSCADAENGINEER, posted: 2019-07-15 21:43:12
Thanks Bevan!

Thanks also to one of the helpful software engineers at Schneider here is some sample code.

Have not tweaked it yet with the list
__________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAM SendCurrentValueAsSMS

(* Declare internal point current value as a string (implied type conversion) *)
VAR
Value AT %M(.Message.CurrentValue): STRING;
END_VAR

(* Setup Method block, we will be calling the SendPagerMessage method on a user. See CDBUser in the schema for details.*)
METHOD
TXTMSG AT %M(Users.user.SendPagerMessage) : LREAL, STRING;
END_METHOD

(* Call Method on the 0th pager contact for the user. *)
TXTMSG (0, Value);

END_PROGRAM