>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: KKOKLEBECK, originally posted: 2019-06-25 19:41:33 Id:458
We are trying to determine the cause of some performance issues with our ClearSCADA system. We are using the performance stats to track events. We are having a large hit on Historical writes. We believe we have some DNP3 points that are generating a lot of data. Is there a way to view the top 100 points with the most historical writes over the past 24 hours?
Solved! Go to Solution.
>>Responses imported from previous forum
Reply From User: adamwoodland, posted: 2019-06-25 22:02:21
If you need it down to the point object level then CHistory has a UpdateCount so the easiest way may be too...
1. Have a numeric data metadata field
2. Every 24 hours for the points you're interested in do a comparison between the current UpdateCount and that stored metadata field
3. Update the stored metadata field with the current UpdateCount
The first day the results won't work as the value will be 0 (can pre-seed it with the UpdateCount or change the logic to per hour instead of per-day?).
1. Check out https://tprojects.schneider-electric.com/telemetry/display/CS/Finding+large+historic+granules, just note that historic granules are weekly based not daily based
2. Recent versions of ClearSCADA have config on the root group to define warning alarms and max values for historic storage, check those out to see if they could be of help
Reply From User: KKOKLEBECK, posted: 2019-06-26 19:17:01
Thanks for the feedback. We have found a very large offender at a new location.
Reply From User: sbeadle, posted: 2019-06-27 12:24:43
Super. A quick way of doing this is to use ViewX and execute this:
select id,fullname,typename,processcount from cdbpoint order by id
Do it twice with a 1 hour or 30 min interval between each.
Then copy data in both instances to Excel getting the differences.