41355members
184433posts

[Imported] Deleting Template- Two step verification

Highlighted
Sisko

[Imported] Deleting Template- Two step verification

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:General Items<<
User: scottdavis11, originally posted: 2019-09-11 10:43:26 Id:507
I had a problem in my Clear SCADA system when I deleted my Template by mistake.
Is there anyway that a Two Step verification can be added in case of special action like deletion or any other way to avoid apart from Changing permission of the user?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sisko

Re: [Imported] Deleting Template- Two step verification

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-09-12 06:30:44
What problem did you have?
If you were deleting a template that has a number of instances then I suspect that you did indeed get a prompt to confirm that you were deleting things... if there are items with history then a prompt appears advising which points and how much history will be deleted.

A deletion isn't really such a special action, it's just a configuration change like all the other configuration changes possible. I'm not sure that ClearSCADA is to blame here 😉
With great power comes great responsibility.

Reply From User: scottdavis11, posted: 2019-09-13 08:16:15
Yes thats true 😞 . But is there any way to have two step authentication or to have a confirmation action with password to overcome these issues

Reply From User: BevanWeiss, posted: 2019-09-18 21:36:37
[at]scottdavis11 said:
Yes thats true 😞 . But is there any way to have two step authentication or to have a confirmation action with password to overcome these issues

I'm confused... now you want two step authentication?

For Control actions there is indeed the ability to configure a number of additional verification options per object. For Configuration actions there is nothing similar. If you look into how the Control verification operation is configured, then perhaps you could contact your local Schneider Tech Support and do a feature request for something similar for Configuration changes. If you let me know the SUP reference number for it after then I'd likely +1 it 🙂