New in the Community? Get started here

Schneider Electric Exchange Community

Discuss and solve problems in energy management and automation. Join conversations and share insights on products and solutions. Co-innovate and collaborate with a global network of peers.

Register Now
Geo SCADA Expert Forum
Make the most of your remote operations with end-to-end solutions with Process Automation’s SCADA and Telemetry Solutions. With the challenges that remote sites present, reliable communications for remote operation, monitoring & management are vital in enhancing productivity and ensuring profitability.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

Hi,

I wish to have clarification.

We have to connect GeoSCADA to a Web Gateway that will be communicating via SOAPui with XML / Json files.

From what I have read GeoSCADA has no means to de-serialise this format internally?

If this is the case, a Web Server / Client is to built in order to de-serialise the XML files and write values to internal GeoSCADA points via OPC? 

(a driver to be created by the DDK).

An additional Web Server / Client cannot be avoided to achieve this path of communications.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Re: GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

Correct, you will need to develop an intermediate 'application' which is able to act as a client to both your 'Web Gateway', and also to Geo SCADA Expert / ClearSCADA (whether via SOAP / .NET API / Automation Interface / Simple DDK).

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Highlighted
Lieutenant JG

Re: GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

I believe that my answer has addressed the question that you asked.  Please mark it as the solution.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..